How to care for a Hair Transplant
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure, which involves moving hair from the back of the head to other parts of the scalp. In order for the operation to be successful, proper care for the hair transplant is required after the procedure is completed.Avoid hard work and exercising for one week after the procedure. Avoid weight lifting, or carrying high weights for 10 to 14 days after the procedure. Avoid saunas steam and sun baths for at least three weeks.Do not eat any ice cream or aspirin- stay away from alcoholic drinks from 3 to 5 days after the procedure.
Some instruction about care of hair transplant:
- Sleep in an upright position after the surgery.
- Avoid sleeping with your head resting on a pillow because it can damage the follicles.
- Do not wash or touch your head for at least 48 hours after the transplant.
- Touching may cause the follicles to move or fall out.
- Do not wear a cap or hat on your head because it will slow down the healing process.
- Avoid exposing your head to the sun because heat slows down the healing process.
- If you exercise on a regular basis, it is recommended that you wash your hair with a mild soap after sweating.
- This will reduce the risk of the transplanted area becoming infected..